The Cumberland Industrial Facilities Authority, a Regional Industrial Facilities Authority incorporated pursuant to Section 15.2-6400 et seq. of the Code of Virginia (1950), as amended, comprised of Buchanan County, Virginia; Dickenson County, Virginia; Russell County, Virginia; and Tazewell County, Virginia, seeks to contract with an Executive Director to oversee all operations, functions, and activities of the Cumberland Industrial Facilities Authority. The Executive Director will be the face of the Cumberland Industrial Facilities Authority. The Executive Director will be responsible for giving the proper strategic direction and implementing a high-quality vision to the Cumberland Industrial Facilities Authority Board of Directors members. The Executive Director will also communicate the organization’s missions and objectives to legislative and executive branch decision makers.
The minimum requirements for the position include:
- In-depth knowledge of state governmental principles, including prior legislative and executive governmental experience, with a minimum of five (5) years of federal, state, or local government experience.
- Proven experience as an Executive Director or administrator in other managerial positions.
- Proven experience in developing strategies and plans for organizations.
- Ability to apply successful networking techniques.
- Strong understanding of economic development finance and be prepared to show measures of performance.
- An analytical mind capable of individual, “out-of-the-box” thinking to solve problems.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
- Effective communication in both oral and written manner.
A full profile and job description describing the Cumberland Industrial Facilities Authority and the Executive Director position shall be made available upon request.
The compensation of the Executive Director shall be dependent upon experience or qualifications. The Executive Director shall be an independent contractor and shall not be considered an employee of the Cumberland Industrial Facilities Authority.
Applications must be received by November 17, 2021 at 1:00 PM.
Following receipt, candidates’ materials will be screened by the Hiring Committee of the Cumberland Industrial Facilities Authority, based on the above criteria. After a process, which will include interviews and reference checks for those candidates who are suited for the position, a group of finalists will be presented to the Board of Directors for their consideration. Finalists will be interviewed during the week of November 29, 2021.To be considered, please submit a letter of intent, a resume, and a list of references to the Cumberland Industrial Facilities Authority, located at 137 Highland Drive, Lebanon, VA 24266, on or before November 17, 2021 at 1:00 PM. Applications submitted after that date will not be considered unless the Board of Directors is first unable or unwilling to appoint applicants who submit applications on or before such date.
Small businesses; women-owned businesses; and minority-owned businesses are encouraged to apply. The Cumberland Industrial Facilities Authority shall not discriminate on the bases of race, color, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation and preference, and veterans’ status.
Questions regarding the application process should be directed to
Lonzo Lester- Cumberland Industrial Facilities Authority Administrator 137 Highland Drive
Lebanon, VA 24266
Telephone: (276) 889-8000
Facsimile: (276) 889-8011