ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO TOURISM/EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Dickenson County Board of Supervisors is now accepting applications for a part-time Administrative Assistant-Tourism/Executive Director. Applications may be obtained in the County Administrator’s office Monday thru Friday, between the hours of 8:30 A.M. and 4:30 P.M. or on the County’s website at www.dickensonva.org. Deadline for applications is Friday, September 17, 2021, at 4:00 P.M.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Performs administrative duties including event calendar, correspondence, minutes, agendas, newsletters, some accounting, invoicing, filing and general office work. Candidate must possess excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and Power Point. Quick books knowledge is a must! Also, social media including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram knowledge will be required.
- Candidate must have the ability to coordinate meetings; work with other tourism destinations in the region and most importantly have a good knowledge of Dickenson County and ability to market our tourism destinations to visitors. Ability to talk with visitors to the Dickenson County Visitor Center/Chamber and give directions if needed.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations, answers phone, sends out requested materials, including brochures and packets.
- Prints materials for tourism meetings and if necessary, takes minutes at the meetings. Must have knowledge of general office machines such as printer, scanner, fax and laminating machine.
- Candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; to be tactful, courteous, and professional to portray a favorable image of Dickenson County, the Chamber of Commerce and Tourism Department.
- Other duties included will be to keep the visitor center presentable to visitors. Brochure rack maintenance, removing outdated material, and adding new brochures or rack cards will be expected. Some light cleaning, dusting, sweeping porches and steps and bathroom.
- Candidate must have the ability to be resourceful in gathering and giving visitor information. He or she may be asked to attend some events or meetings with the Exe. Director to further educate the candidate on tourism related activities throughout the county and region.
- The Administrative Assistant will be working under the supervision of the Tourism Director/Exe. Director. A time sheet will be kept and turned in to the appropriate supervisor (County Administrator).
Dickenson County Board of Supervisors is an equal opportunity employer.
Authorized by: Larry K. Barton, County Administrator